Jessica has been a physiotherapist for Advanced Physiotherapy since 2013 after graduating from the University of Newcastle with Distinction.
Jessica was born and raised in Newcastle and her experience includes competing in national and international level swimming and 15 years’ experience as a qualified personal trainer and gym instructor. She has worked with numerous sporting teams throughout her career, namely the Emerging Jets and Jets Youth teams (male and female).
However, since birthing her first child Harvey in 2019 and second child Sofia in 2022, she realised there was a major gap in physiotherapy services for women across the lifespan. The passion has driven her to further her studies undertaking a Masters of Pelvic Health Physiotherapy through the University of Melbourne.
What is it that you enjoy about working at Advanced Physio?
I’ve only ever worked in one clinic and there’s a reason for that. We are brilliantly equipped to provide a level of service to our patients that is second to none. In my time at Advanced, we have always been bestowed with the best; from spacious treatment rooms, to a gym facility that gives new meaning to the word ‘exclusive’ – we are simply unsurpassed. Further, we have an incredibly qualified team who are willing to learn, teach and share ideas on a regular basis.
What additional study or qualifications do you have?
- Graduate Certificate in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (University of Melbourne)
- Graduate Certificate in Exercise & Women’s Health (University of Melbourne)
- APPI Reformer Pilates Instructor
- Level 1 & 2 Sports Physiotherapy (APA)
- Functional Strength and Conditioning (Wayne Rodgers)
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Level 1
- McKenzie Spinal Pain Course
What conditions or people do you have a special interest in?
- Pregnancy related pain, exercise guidance and continence
- Preparation for birth (including VBAC) – including education and pelvic readiness
- Postnatal screening and return to exercise
- Management of pelvic floor conditions including incontinence, prolapse and sexual pain
- Managing menopause and exercise-related goals for mature women
- Any musculoskeletal conditions of the lower back, pelvis and lower limbs including gluteal tendon issues
What are your extracurricular passions?
- Looking after our two beautiful children (and running around after them!)
- Exercise – cycling, weight training and HIIT
- Cooking, gardening and being creative when I get the time to!